If you’re interested in purchasing Stafi (FIS), you will need to have Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) to trade with. In this guide I recommend the biggest cryptocurrency exchange Binance using your bank account or even credit card.
Step 1: Setting up your Binance account:
1.1 Go to Binance’s website (https://www.binance.com/en)
Note: There have been many cases of phishing sites that mirror the actual site, so make sure you examine the URL carefully and look out for the ‘Secure’ certificate in the address bar to confirm the authenticity of the site. Be sure to bookmark the original site to avoid future mix-ups.
1.2 Complete the signup process
Click on the ‘’Register’’ tab in the right-hand corner of the webpage and fill in your details. You can either signup with your mobile number or your email. If you decide to use the email option, please MAKE SURE that the email address you enter is one you have access to and is your most secure email as this is how you will always sign in to your Binance account.
After filling in your email and choosing a password (When creating a password, use a mix of numbers, symbols, upper and lower-case letters), use the 6-digit verification code sent to your mail to verify your account and complete the registration process.
1.3 Enable two-factor authentication
Once your account is created, two-factor authentication (2FA) is necessary to make it more secure. When you log in for the first time, you’ll be asked if you want to set up 2FA. You DO want to set up 2FA because it’s very important!
If you choose Skip, for now, you’ll regret it later! With 2FA, you will be asked for a special code to type in after you’ve logged in with your e-mail and password. This code is generated through an app on your smartphone called Google Authenticator. You will need to download it on your mobile phone in order to generate the code.
Step 2: Making your first purchase of Bitcoin
To fund your crypto wallet on Binance, you can fund directly from your debit or credit card. (In this section, we’ll focus on the credit card option).
Previously, the option to use a credit or debit card was not available on Binance, but recently that has changed. Due to Binance’s partnership with Simplex, Binance users can now use their credit or debit cards to purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum. Benefits of using credit or debit cards to make a purchase on Binance include fast delivery speed, low fees, and increased convenience.
As I said earlier, it is recommended that you purchase bitcoin first and trade for the desired amount of Stafi (FIS)
Purchasing using your credit card is not a complex process but I will still provide you with the steps involved to be sure you get it absolutely right.
· Move your mouse up to your profile icon. Once you activate the dropdown menu, click on “Buy with Credit Card” to be directed to the next step.
· On the next page, you will be able to select which coin you wish to buy (Select BTC), as well as the order amount. The total charge will be displayed according to the order amount and current market price (all fees are included). If you prefer, you can set the total charge first and the order amount will be calculated automatically.
· Next, you will be required to fill your credit card details along with your personal information. When you are done, click “Pay now” and wait for your card to be verified
· If this is your first Simplex payment, you will be required to verify your email and phone number. You will receive an email and an SMS with a verification code. To finish the verification process, you need to open the link sent by email and insert the code received by SMS. Once you are done, click “Continue.”
· Next, you will be required to verify your identity using an official document. Please upload a picture of your document along with your personal data and click “Upload Document.”
· Finally, your documents will be verified and, if approved, you will receive an email stating that your purchase has been confirmed. Your Binance account will be credited shortly with the purchased Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Transfer Your Cryptos to an Altcoin Exchange
Now it’s time to purchase STAFI (FIS) using your investment from Binance.
Since every crypto can not be traded in Binance we need to transfer our coins to an exchange that Stafi (FIS) can be traded. So I will guide you to Bitmax which is a well known exchange to trade altcoins. Use the link below to register your new account.
After completing similar processes as we’ve done before with Binance we are ready to transfer our Bitcoins.
Step 4: Deposit BTC to Exchange
Once you have your trading account setup at one of the exchanges that trades Stafi (SFI), you will need to transfer your BTC from Binance to that specific exchange. This is done via a wallet system.
Click to “My Asset” then click “Deposit” from the menu on the left.
Select “BTC” from Token section and copy the given “Deposit Address”
This part might seem a little bit complex but don’t worry, it is easier than a bank transfer.
Once you copy your unique BTC wallet address go back to Binance.
Step 5: Trade STAFI (FIS)
Now you can go back to Bitmax to buy Stafi (FIS) with the Bitcoins you sent.
Mouse over to trading and then click standard under cash trading.
In the left column make sure to select “BTC” pair and in the search bar type in “FIS”. Once you move your coin click on it and now you will see a price chart of SIF/BTC in the middle of the page. Choose the “Market” tab as that is the most straight-forward type of buying orders. You can either type in your amount or choose what portion of your BTC deposit you would like to spend on buying, by clicking on the percentage buttons. When you have confirmed everything, click “Buy FIS”. Now you own your FIS !
Other Exchanges To Buy
Apart from the exchange(s) above, there are a few popular crypto exchanges where they have decent daily trading volumes and a huge user base. This will ensure you will be able to sell your coins at any time and the fees will usually be lower. It is suggested that you also register on these exchanges since once GNX gets listed there it will attract a large amount of trading volumes from the users there, that means you will be having some great trading opportunities!
Safety Tips for Trading on Binance:
- Sadly, we don’t live in a perfect world and there are a lot of hackers and scammers out there. When trading altcoins on Binance, safety is paramount. There are several ways you can protect yourself from hackers and thieves. Let’s take a look at the best ways.
- Don’t click on links to Binance in emails/pop-ups. Check the official Binance URL and bookmark it! (Look out for the “secure” tag on the address bar). Also, if you need to contact the Binance team, ensure you use the contact information found on its secure homepage.
- Always use two-factor authentication. While you will be allowed to complete setting up your Binance account without 2FA, I strongly advise that you don’t. It is a very important step in securing your account and it will help protect your account from hackers and scammers. Binance currently offers two options for 2FA: SMS and Google Authenticator. However, they recommend using Google Authenticator.
- Use a strong password for your Binance account and you can change it regularly
- Always regularly check the list of devices that have been authorized to access your Binance account. If you see any devices that you don’t recognize or no longer use, simply remove them
- Allow withdrawals only to addresses you trust and check the whitelist regularly.
- Use strong anti-virus software: Your Binance account is only as safe as the device you’re accessing it from. Make sure all the devices you use to access your Binance account are free from bugs and viruses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I buy Stafi (FIS) with cash?
There is no direct way to buy Stafi (FIS) with cash. However, you can use marketplaces such as LocalBitcoins to first purchase Bitcoin, and finish the rest of the steps by transferring your bitcoin to respective AltCoin exchanges.
LocalBitcoins is a peer-to-peer Bitcoin exchange. It is a marketplace where users can buy and sell Bitcoins to and from each other. Users, called traders, create advertisements with the price and the payment method they want to offer. You can choose to buy from sellers from a certain nearby region on the platform. LocalBitcoins is after all a good place to go to buy Bitcoins when you can’t find your desired payment methods anywhere else. But prices are usually higher on this platform and you have to do your due diligence to avoid getting scammed.
Are there any alternative platforms to buy Stafi (FIS) or Bitcoin with credit cards?
Yes. Changelly is also a very easy to use platform for buying Bitcoin with credit cards. It is an instant cryptocurrency exchange that allows you to exchange crypto fast and buy it with a bank card. Its user interface is very easy to use and the buying steps are pretty self-explanatory.
About Stafi (FIS)
Stafi (short for Staking Finance) is a DeFi protocol that aims to unlock liquidity of staked assets. STAFI Protocol solves the contradiction between the token liquidity and Mainnet security by issuing ABT tokens, which provides the liquidity of your Staking Assets. ABT token increases the staking rate to a higher level (100%, theoretically), and it could be tradable, its security is guided by STAFI Protocol which ensure ABT token is the only collateral that can apply to redeem staking assets from original staking blockchain ( Tezos, Cosmos, Polkadot, etc,.)