Bun Hairstyles for Long Hair
Many hairstyles can be created based on long hair. However, lately, in the absence of free time, every lady is looking more and more often for hair styling, which not only looks modern and stylish, but does not require much time to create it. The leader in this case can be called the bun hairstyle. They have achieved this great popularity due to simplicity in execution, universality and topicality. The buns fit virtually every woman. In addition, choosing the right option, this hairstyle will look ideal in any situation you create. So, let’s see which options of these simple but extremely popular hairstyles exist.
Classic buns for Long hair
In order to create a simple bun in classic style, you will need very little time. With time and practice, it will take only 4-7 minutes.
Option no. 1
Step 1-2. Gather your hair in a ponytail with an elastic band.
Hold the hair and twist it around the elastic band. The ready bun is fixed with hair pins all around.
The hairs that hang are not necessarily hidden under the bun or smoothed. On the contrary, the hairstyle will look much more natural if the hairs are a bit shabby.
Step 7-8. Leave a couple of hairs to fall from the temple area, to beautify the face. If the final hairstyle came out too smooth, then using a pencil, you can pick it up a bit. Fix the result with a reliable hair spray.
The next option to create a quick and simple bun can be done as follows. Gather your hair in a pony tail with an elastic band and leave an unmatched bottom hair strand. Straighten the tail in a bun and fix it with hairpins. Twist the left hair strand around the bun and fix it again with hair pins. Using a simple pencil or an auricle, lift a couple of strands from the bun.
Braided buns for long hair
A very interesting option for braided buns for long hair. It is very simple and looks pretty original and beautiful.
Step 1. Tilt your head and comb your hair forward.
Step 2. Braid a fish tail braid from the neck to the top of the head.
Step 3. Fix the bun on top of the head with the help of an elastic band.
Step 4. Gather the rest of the hair at the back head in a high ponytail.
Step 5. To make the final hair look more voluminous, you need to tap a little the hair in the tail.
Step 6. Arrange the taped tail in a simple bun, twisting the hair around the elastic. Fix the tail end with clippings or hair pins.
On the base of the braids can be created a very simple but very romantic bun. In this case, you will need some elastic bands in a shade with your hair, a few small clips or pins.
1. Braid 5 braids (2 at the temple and 3 at the back) using elastic bands in a shade with your hair
2. Start to create the bun starting with the back braid. To do this, just twist the braid around the origin where it was formed. The ends of the braid can be hidden in the middle of the bun. Fix the result with hair clips.
3-4. Take the adjacent braids and twist them around the already formed bun. Fix them with hair pins.
5. Now it is the time for the side braids that we also rotate around the bun.
The final result looks like this:
This romantic bun is based on two thick braids:
Voluminous bun for long hair
To create a beautiful, modern and voluminous bun, you will need a not too big elastic band, a couple of clips (2-3 pieces), a comb and a hair spray. Next, you’ll need to follow these step-by-step recommendations:
Step 1. Comb the hair well. Separate a fairly large hair strand at the top of the head, sprinkle it with hair spray and tap it lightly.
Step 2. From all your hair, create a ponytail and tighten it tight with an elastic band. Then pull the elastic from the surface of the head a little.
Step 3-4-5-6. Insert the fingers into the free space created under the elastic and pull through the hair ends. Fix them with paper clips. Before this, for a more stylish and messy look, hide the elastic under the hair. Arrange the bun. Fix the hairstyle with a suitable hair spray.
Here is the final result! If you want the bun to be fluffier, you can tap your hair (each separate hair strand) and then proceed to Step 3.
The next type of bun will be best created on a little tapped or curly hair, because in this case, the hairstyle will come out extremely natural and voluminous.
1. Curl your hair a little loose with the curler.
2. Tilt your head forward and tighten your hair in a simple ponytail.
3-4-5-6. Gathering the tail with the elastic, strive to make it so that its end is located at the front of the head, and a loop is created from the hair. Arrange the loop as shown in Figure 3. Twist the end of the tail around the elastic.
7-8-9. Fix it with hair pins and spray it with a hair spray.
Messy bun for long hair
There is another type of bun adored by very delicate ladies. These hairstyles are distinguished by a slight negligence, soft and light lines, which will appeal to the loving, romantic and creative people.
To create such a nice bun, you will need a comb, hair pins and elastic band.
Step 1. Comb your hair. If it is not too obedient, sprinkle with a little water.
Step 2. Gather the curls in a high tail combing the hair again.
Step 3-4-5-6. Twist the tail around its axis. If the hair is thick, you can divide the tail into two equal parts and braid them together. Twist the tail around the elastic. There is no need to make it too tight because we need a light bun.
Step 7-8. Hide the ends of the tail under the elastic. Fix the bun with hairpins. If during the creation of this hairstyle your hair has sharpened a bit, do not worry, everything is ok. But if the hairstyle is too tidy, then you can fix the situation by pulling some threads in chaotic order.
1. Wash and dry your hair and then tap it with a brush. Apply a little mousse on the curls to make your hair more obedient.
2. It is time to gather your hair in a ponytail with an elastic band in the following way: the first time, pass all the hair through the elastic, the second one-not. Our goal is to get some kind of loop out of the hair. There is no need to hide the end of the tail.
3-4. Now you have to “work” on the curl, which you have to give a total negligence. For this, you just have to tap it lightly, or rub it with your fingers. You should also tap the ends of the tail, which come out of under the elastic. If the hair does not keep its shape for a long time, then spray the hair with hair spray.
5-6. Enjoy the result!
Donut bun or sock bun
A beautiful and modern hairstyle can also be done with a regular knitted sock. To get such a donut, you need to cut its tip, especially where the toes usually stand. After that, twist it to get a kind of elastic.
In this case, you have to understand that the volume of the bun will depend very much on the diameter of the sock and the length of your hair. If you want a big and visible bun, choose a bigger and thicker sock.
1. Gather all your hair in a ponytail with an elastic band.
2. Pass the tail through the center of the donut.
3. Move the sock to the tail end, creating something similar to the palm tree.
4. Divide the ends of the tail evenly over the entire surface of the sock and start twisting the hair on the improvised doughnut.
5. Put an elastic band over the divided to fix the bun. Hide all ends that hang using hair pins or clips.
In this case, the sock will be placed in the fixing place of the tail, distributing equally on its surface all the hair and fixing it again with a hair pin. The hanging ends will be tightened in a large hair strand and wrap around the formed bun. The hairstyle will be fixed with a hair spray and hair clips. Simple, stylish and fast!
Hair Bow Bun
The bow hair bun is seen very rarely because many ladies naively consider that doing it takes a lot of time and effort. Though it is not so!
1. Prepare your hair by applying a special conditioning product preventively.
2. Gather your hair in a high tail.
3. Using an elastic band, twist the tail twice. Finally, the tail has to turn into a loop, and its ends must be at the top of the head at the front.
4. Divide the loop into two equal parts.
5. Pass the ends back through the middle of the loop. Fix them with hair clips.
6. Fix the bun with hair spray.
7. The hairstyle is ready!
Here’s another step-by-step guide:
Side Bun for long hair
To create a side bun, you will need an elastic band, a thin comb and hair pins. This is the result you need to get:
1. Using a thin comb, take a thick hair stand from the top of your head.
2. Tap it well.
3. Gather all your hair to one side. You must do this so that your tapping does not break. Straighten the tail approximately to the level of the lobe of the ear.
4. Twist the tail into a rope.
5. Twist the rope into a bun.
6. Hide the hair ends under the bun.
7. Fix the bun with hairpins.
Low bun for long hair
The bun can be placed anywhere on the head. For it to be located down, you can use the following step by step instructions.
What hair accessories to use for the created bun?
The hair bun is a fairly universal hairstyle. Decorating a simple bun with decorative clips, flowers, tiaras, elastics or bows, you can quickly turn it into a festive evening hairstyle.
Bun hairstyle for long hair: images